So Great a Proffit: How the East Indies Trade Transformed Anglo-American Capitalism
After , U.
- Sanctions on Russia! (Or Not) | History News Network;
- Text Mining for Qualitative Data Analysis in the Social Sciences: A Study on Democratic Discourse in Germany.
- Carrying Albert Home: The Somewhat True Story of a Woman, a Husband, and her Alligator.
- Rivalry for Tea: Empires and Private Trade | SpringerLink?
- Heir to the Coven (Natasha Carmichael Series Book 1)!
- Radiometric Temperature Measurements: II. Applications.
- Asymptotic Analysis of Fields in Multi-Structures.
Such wealth was startling in a country where, a generation earlier, the most prosperous Americans had been Southern planters. This mercantile elite brought its experience and affluence to other sectors of the economy, helping to concentrate capital and create wealth, and paving the way for the modern business corporation.
You are here:
Conducted on free trade principles, American trade in Asia was so extensive that it undermined the monopoly of the British East India Company and forced Britain to open its own free trade to Asia. The United States and the British Empire thus converged around shared, Anglo-American free-trade ideals and financial capitalism in Asia.
Publisher: University of North Carolina Press. Document Type: Book review.
Length: 5, words. Sign In to view the full article. Gale Academic Onefile , Accessed 23 Sept. Advanced Search. Article Navigation.imbalsamarebraila.ro/wp-content/pagina-para/4351.php
Rivalry for Tea: Empires and Private Trade
Close mobile search navigation Article Navigation. Volume Rosemarie Zagarri.
Oxford Academic. Google Scholar. Cite Citation. Permissions Icon Permissions.
Campaign for the American Reader: Pg. James R. Fichter's "So Great a Proffit"
All rights reserved. Issue Section:. You do not currently have access to this article.
Download all figures. Sign in. You could not be signed in.